Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lawsuit Anyone?

Well this is a first..

As you all probably know by now, I have been advertising my website and the documentary on various facebook pages having to do with Cerebral Palsy. This morning, I received an email from one of the creators (?) of one of the pages. Here it is:

(I have removed her email address and her name in order to protect her privacy - not that I should..)

Donna R------ UCPA of Greater Indiana has sent you a message using your contact form at: www.stephsegler.com/About

Senders email: d-----@ucpaindy.org

I received notice of your attempt to post information on our Facebook page about your documentary. In order to protect our clients (and ensure that there is no implied endorsement of products, treatment, etc.), we delete posts like this until we have more information. I would be interested in knowing more about the "treatment" method used for this child. Thank you.

Is it just me? or am I creating controversy? I emailed her back stating my intentions, so hopefully she'll let me post on her wall again. If not, I suggest everyone who is a part of that facebook group leave it as soon as possibly due to retaining information that could possibly be inspiring to you and/or your children. (what kind of a threat is that?) I let her know that I was not trying to endorse any method of therapy or "treatment" - as she states in her email, but that I am a student making an inspirational student film about a young boy who has learned to walk because of motivation, strength and courage.

If you have any thoughts on the matter, please comment, as I'd love to hear what you all have to say. For reference, here's what was posted on their facebook wall by yours truly:

Hey guys - I'm in post production for my documentary about a boy with CP who learned to walk. I have a ton of footage and interviews with his parents and was wondering what sort of questions and answers would you like to hear? I can post some of the footage online and send a link this way. For more info please visit www.stephsegler.com Thanks.

Perhaps I was too forward?

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment